Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Owens in Guatemala: Live What You Believe

People who live what they believe are my heroes.

I thought I did a good job at that until we moved to Guatemala and I saw how much more needed to be done. Living in a third world country changes you. You either become callused to the poverty, or you try to make a difference. Now, there's no way I can be unappreciative of the daily blessings in my life and I do my best to help make positive changes for those who don't have those blessings.

One of the teachers I taught with in Guatemala, Lindsey Owens, and her husband, David, are doing something I can't right now and helping start an orphanage. Here's their story:



Check out their journey here: www.owensinguatemala.com

2 comments:

  1. Love this! An amazing story! I would so love to do something similar in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your support Adina! God is doing some incredible things down here in Guatemala. :) Thanks for sharing our story.... or really, the story that God is writing for us. God Bless you.
    DTB,
    Lindsey and David

    ReplyDelete