Pages

Friday, November 14, 2014

Censorship

If you think I haven't been posting anything substantial lately, you're correct. It's not that I would write something criticizing the people or government here, because I don't usually write about that sort of thing and I truly try to find the positives in every place we live... but just the fact that there is censorship here makes it difficult to write at all. Maybe it's a mental block, because truly, with the immense quantity of nationalities, foods and cultures blending in this place, there's a lot I like to learn about and would like to share, I just never know what will be offensive to someone else. Over-thinking things really kills any creative flow or desire to write. Because of this, here's what you end up with: recipes, photos, what the kids are saying and, you know, basically anything without thoughts deeper than the surface level of life here because that's what is for sure (until I say it is, perhaps) allowed to be written.

There's nothing that makes one want to be critical as much as the preemptive admonition not to be.

There are so many good things here. I want to be able to write about them.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, sometimes i wish to push the envelope, kwim? meanwhile, can definitely relate to over-thinking .... maybe because there isn't much that's happening (aside from the circus) here and we're home so much. and maybe, over-thinking is the reason my blog is getting to be more, er, personal, eh???

    ReplyDelete