We used this recipe but left out the chocolate chips, which seem difficult for me to find sometimes since I mostly have access to the local market and not the mall very often.
· 2 cups flour
· 1 cup sugar
· 3/4 cup chocolate chips
· 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1 cup plain yogurt
· 1/2 cup milk
· 1/2 cup oil
· 1/4 cup chocolate chips
· 1 2-year-old
· 1 6-year-old
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Get the 2 year old to grease the muffin cups with the oil and a brush... or line with paper muffin liners.
2. Get the 6-year-old to help the 2-year-old dump flour, sugar, 3/4 cup chocolate chips, cocoa powder, and baking soda in a large bowl.
3. Help them whisk egg, yogurt, milk, and vegetable oil in another bowl until smooth; pour into chocolate mixture and stir until batter is just blended.
4. Fill prepared muffin cups 3/4 full and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
5. Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes or until the 2 year old anxiously waiting by the timer calls "Mama! Cupcake, DING!"
6. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely.